Friday, July 20, 2007

Welcome to Affiliate Diaries

Welcome to Affiliate Diaries. My name is Kimberly Squires and this blog is going to follow my path in Affiliate Marketing.

I encourage you to follow along too. See what I'm doing. If you're interested in Affiliate Marketing, try out some of the techniques I use that work and either modify or ignore the ones that don't work as well. If you're experienced with online marketing, feel free to provide some expertise that will help us all grow.

I will show you exactly what affiliates I'm promoting and how I'm promoting them. I will keep you informed of my progress. I'm hoping to make this an educational experience for all of us.

As someone who's followed the internet marketing industry for a few years, I haven't actually tried to implement any of what I've learned. That's changing now!

I decided the best way for me to start is with affiliate marketing since my budget is extremely low. I decided to purchase hosting through Dreamhost.com since all the gurus say you'll need a website. Research led me to Dreamhost.com which only runs me $19.95 per month and provides SIGNIFICANT disk space and bandwidth.

I also signed up for Aweber.com since again all the gurus say you need to build a list to make money online. Aweber.com is considered the leading autoresponder out there and gives a 30 trial run. Again at $19.95 per month, I'll need to make about $40 per month to break even since my marketing costs early on are going to be $0.

My only other expense to date has been to register the AffiliateDiaries.com domain name. I'm not sure what, if anything I'll do with that site yet, but I figured an investment of $8.88 is worth registering that name.

As of now, I've signed up for two affiliate programs: Dreamhost.com and
Aweber.com. I'm not going to actively promote these two programs at this time, but after significant research, I feel comfortable recommending both companies.

For right now, this is the only post I'm planning on mentioning these companies in and I'm mentioning it for two reasons. First, I want to be as transparent as possible. Secondly, if you want to give internet marketing a shot, you will likely need a website and autoresponder, so I figured I should give you my recommendations.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Look back soon to see the first affiliate programs I plan to promote. Please leave comments, questions, etc as I want this to be an interactive process that benefits all of us.

No comments: